Chianti wine trekking - everyone enjoyed the day! Thanks for all your efforts.
Ray B., UK
Walking tour in the countryside with skilled English-speaking trekking guide
Discover immaculately preserved medieval village in Tuscan countryside
Tour beautiful wineries in historic castles or villas
Learn about local flora, fauna and Tuscan culture
Booking for lunch in delicious local osteria featuring local specialties
Your full-day Chianti Trekking Tour is a unique, memorable way to discover Tuscany’s rural attractions. Absorbing the colors and listening to the subtle sounds of nature while inhaling the pervasive pine and rosemary aromas will help you create lifelong impressions of this exceptionally beautiful land and nature. Our trekking tour immerses you into the natural glory of the Chianti region as you hike Tuscan country roads, down narrow paths, through vineyards and olive groves, and to romantic ruins of ancient castles and fortifications.
Your Chianti Trekking and Wine Tour will begin when you meet your professional, English-speaking officially-licensed trekking guide in a small Chianti village, and together you will hike to the first historic winery in your private tour. Here you’ll tour the estate, learn about red and white wines and the winemaking process with a qualified English-speakin winery guide, and have a guided tasting of the current production.
Your trekking tour will continue to a medieval Chianti village, where you will enjoy lunch paired with a lovely local Italian wine. The full-day Chianti wine tour picks up again with a second winery visit to see firsthand the different methods of wine-making in this prolific Tuscan wine region.
Your Chianti Trekking and Wine Tour includes only top-rated wineries, with reviews published by leading European and American periodicals. You will taste excellent wines in stupendous villas or castles, as well as Tuscany’s very special extra-virgin olive oil.
We generally organize these leisurely trekking tours around Greve, Radda in Chianti, or Castellina, depending on winery availability. These towns are reachable by local public transportation or in a private car from Florence or Siena.
We would be happy to help you organize a private transfer with and English-speaking driver - please contact us for more information upon booking.
Chianti Classico represents the true heart of Tuscany and one of Italy's most important wine zones. The region's fame was solidified in 1716 when Grand Duke Cosimo III issued an ordinance regulating the wine trade following a counterfeit consignment of "Chianti" wine. Tuscany thereby became the first European state to safeguard an appellation of origin (label to distinguish wines).
Today Chianti Classico is one of Tuscany's most prestigious DOCG areas. You can find the symbol of the Chianti Classico consortium, the Gallo Nero or black rooster, adorning road signs, wine estates and their wine bottles throughout the Tuscan region.
The Chianti countryside was further developed in the mid-1800s by Baron Bettino Ricasoli, who created his Chianti wine by combining Sangiovese grapes (adding strength and character), Cannaiolo grapes for grace, and Malvasia grapes for zest. However, this wine was intended to be consumed young and was unsuitable for aging.
The modern recipe for Chianti Classico must have at least 80% Sangiovese grapes with the remaining 20% to be determined upon the discretion of the wine estate. Modern Chianti Classico is often very well suited for aging, especially the Riserva wines.
The full-day services of a professional English-speaking trekking guide (approx. 6 hours).
Tour of two Chianti Classico wineries.
Guided tasting of wines and extra-virgin olive oil.
Visit to one or two small Chianti towns and their wine and gourmet food shops.
Booking for lunch in a nice, typical Tuscan restaurant, (meal not included).
22% VAT taxes.
Our pampering care!
Any other goods or services not listed above. Transportation to the meeting point is not included, but can be booked upon request.
SPECIAL NOTE: We strive to ensure private visits at the wineries. In particularly busy times of the year, or in certain wineries this may not always be possible. If you would like guaranteed private visits, please get in touch for a customized quote.